Barrow County’s $4.5 million redevelopment of the courthouse square in downtown Winder is well under way. Lincolnton contractor John W. Spratlin & Son LLC is restoring the 1914 historic courthouse, adjoining annex building, and old jail. The courthouse and annex will become the county’s government center, and the former jail will become the county’s health department. The contractor expects to finish the project over the next 5-8 months, with the annex building to be completed in early May, the health department in mid June and the courthouse in mid August.
For the full story, see the Jan. 2 issue of the Barrow Journal.