Banks County native Vicki Boling has been appointed to the Jackson EMC Foundation Board of Directors.
Patients in Winder will have more access to same-day and next-day appointments for care at a new family medicine practice.
The Barrow County School System reported Thursday, Oct. 22, that seven students tested positive for COVID-19 between Oct. 15-21 — the highest number for students since the district began relea…
The Raider dugout was ready to explode in jubilation Thursday. Just one more out, and Marist would be done. But the home squad rallied for four runs with two outs to claim game two. That meant Madison County had to ride back somberly to Danielsville, then pack up everything and return Friday…
The Winder-Barrow boys’ cross country team may not have had the individual champion at the end of the day Saturday, Oct. 24, but at the end of the day it was them hoisting the trophy.
The Apalachee volleyball team is going to the Elite Eight in its classification for the first time since 2013.
The Jefferson football team moved to 7-0 on the year with a rout of region opponent Cedar Shoals 49-0 Friday (Oct. 23).
The Jefferson volleyball team is hungry to make history, and the appetite perhaps only grew stronger after the team earned its way back to the Elite Eight for the first time in four years.
- Movies by Moonlight to be presented in Jefferson Oct. 30
- Cronic competes in Area FFA event
- Live story time and Halloween crafts planned at Jefferson Public Library
- Brockton Road Baptist plans Fall Fun Night Oct. 31
- Barrow County woman celebrates 100th birthday with parade
- BCES honors Maddox family for COVID-19 response donation
- Red Raiders down Marist, advance to Elite 8
- CROSS COUNTRY: WBHS boys win region title, Rogers leads girls with second-place finish
- VOLLEYBALL PLAYOFFS: Wildcats rally to edge North Springs in five sets, advance to Elite Eight
- VOLLEYBALL: Jefferson back in Elite Eight, hungry for more
- CROSS COUNTRY: Jefferson girls run to another region title
- SOFTBALL: Tigers Elite-Eight bound after sweep of Trion
- Train vs. truck closes one lane in Pendergrass
- Hoschton, Kolter tensions continue
- BUFFINGTON: On SK, WWTD?
- COVID deaths hit 40; cases rise in Jackson
- Sheriff’s office, police departments report recent arrests around county
- I-85 widening to begin next year
- Lanier Islands replaces Magical Night of Lights with new walking light show
- Man charged after peeing on vehicle in parking lot
- Commerce council given SK update
- Carter Smisson
My wife and I both work, but we don’t have insurance through employers.
My wife and I both work, but we don’t have insurance through employers. Our family had a major medical issue last year. And so, after my wife went from working as a school employee to a privat…
Harvesting fresh fruit from your home orchard can be a delicious way to add beauty and taste to your landscape and diet. The best time to plant fruit trees in Georgia is in the fall, according…
Dear Editor: I recently watched part of the Georgia State House District 33 candidate online forum hosted by the Madison County Chamber of Commerce. Republican nominee Rob Leverett attended, b…
Dear Editor: I encourage a “Yes” vote on the two amendments and two referendums proposed on this year’s Nov. 3rd ballot.
A program is planned at the Jefferson Public Library with a live story time and Halloween crafts.
The Athens-Clarke County Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE, Inc.) is holding its third annual Survive to Thrive event on Oct. 29, but this year it will look a little different. Due to COVID…
This October, St. Mary’s Hospital in Athens and St. Mary’s Sacred Heart Hospital in Lavonia are providing free, fresh food to people in need in the community.
The Georgia Foundation for Agriculture and the Georgia Electric Membership Corporation (EMC) are jointly promoting agricultural literacy by donating copies of the children’s book “Full of Bean…
The Jefferson Lions Club will hold a membership meeting at 6 p.m. on Nov 9 at the Jefferson City Clubhouse.
Barrow Arts and Sciences Academy will present “Cultural Connections,” a performing arts series held at the Innovation Amphitheater, which will integrate educational workshops with professional…
The Hall County School District is currently accepting applications for its Da Vinci Academy, Academies of Discovery at South Hall.
Brockton Road Baptist Church will be hosting a Fall Fun Night with a camp fire, s’mores, and a drive-in movie at 6:30 pm, Saturday, October 31, in the church parking lot.
The Mt. Carmel Baptist Church monthly brotherhood breakfast and fellowship meeting will be at 7:30 a.m. Sunday, November 8.
“Hey Grammy can you hold me?” Those were some of the most precious words I’ve heard in a while. Although that was just the beginning of my week with the grands. “Hey Grammy will you read to me?”
Gillsville Baptist Church will hold Trunk of Treats from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 25.
Ron Aiello, a retired nuclear engineer with over 35 years experience, will be presenting “The Omnipotence of our God” at Brockton Road Baptist Church October 25 at 6 p.m. Mr. Aiello will speak…