Former Madison County deputy Trey Adams, who admitted to shooting a man he believed was having an affair with his wife, has been indicted on felony murder charges in Clarke County.
Keep Barrow Beautiful received a 2019/2020 Governor’s Circle Award for its “outstanding achievements in community beautification and environmental sustainability” recently.
The Banks County Board of Commissioners unanimously agreed to a motion by chairman Jimmy Hooper at its Feb. 11 meeting to declare the county a “Second Amendment Sanctuary.”
Head coach: David Seawright
The Winder-Barrow High School baseball program will host a speaking engagement by college baseball coaching legend Ron Polk at 6 p.m. March 9 at the Barrow County Leisure Services Center, 175 …
Coach: Heather Lundy
Coach: Lee Smoak
Baseball has always been a favorite sport for me to watch. I have been fortunate in my sports journalism career to follow several quality programs and individual teams which have made strong p…
With every football collegian eligible for play-for-pay status in the National Football League, I reflected on the past when things were decidedly different and, in the process, learned someth…
- Carswell, Thompson to face off in Hoschton election
- BUFFINGTON: BOC just pandering with sanctuary resolution
- School system discusses increased water/sewer bills in Danielsville
- Maysville man arrested on family violence charges
- Former Madison Co. deputy indicted for murder in Clarke Co.
- Two teens in custody after fighting at Jefferson High School
- BASEBALL: Knights look to new season with new coach
- SPRING SPORTS SEASON OUTLOOK: Apalachee track and field
- College baseball coaching legend Polk to speak in Winder
- SPRING SPORTS SEASON OUTLOOK: Winder-Barrow girls' tennis
- SPRING SPORTS SEASON OUTLOOK: Winder-Barrow boys' tennis
- BRIDGES: Memories of youth baseball from decades gone by
- Man arrested after pulling knife on bus driver, store clerk
- Watkinsville woman charged with shoplifting at Ingles
- Arcade woman charged with murder out on bond
- 18 charged by sheriff's office
- Gainesville man faces charges, including a gun
- Jefferson man threatens man, arrested outside their place of work
- Thriller for seven: Tigers edge out Trion to claim 7th-straight traditional title; Legg, Frates, Burns win individual state titles
- Arrests made by county, state agencies
- Golf course owner sues Homer
- Maysville toddler sets self on fire
Giving and giving back are very personal. Some of the wealthiest people in the world are often moved to write big checks while others take a “not so fast” stance.
Social media gets a lot of criticism, must of it rightly deserved, but it can also be a place where people go to for laughter, fellowship and even inspiration.
The main product produced in the region remains agriculture – poultry and beef cattle – but local schools are heavily into gardens these days.
The media and elite Hollywood influencers have had a difficult time accepting the Senate’s acquittal of the president in his impeachment trial.
The march toward the presidential election now has moved through two states.
The Rotary Club of Banks County announced the creation of a brand new $1,000 scholarship for college bound high school seniors. The award will be based on demonstrated academic achievement, fi…
Gillsville Baptist Church will have its second community meal on Sunday, Feb. 23, at 5 p.m. Everyone is welcome to attend. The church is located at 2595 Highway 323, Gillsville.
As we begin planning our garden for the year, one thing that we should always remain focused on is soil health. Keeping a healthy soil full of nutrients is the greatest contributor to the prod…
The Georgia Foundation for Agriculture, formerly the Georgia Farm Bureau (GFB) Foundation for Agriculture, is offering $65,000 in scholarships to Georgia students pursuing a degree in agriculture, veterinary medicine, family and consumer sciences or a related field, Madison County Farm Burea…
Some Jones Middle School students recently celebrated Black History Month by visiting a New Orleans museum without ever leaving the classroom.
Jackson County Comprehensive High School hosted a Science Olympiad practice tournament for the district’s elementary schools Saturday, Feb. 8.
“You know your mom will give you some of the greatest advice you’ll ever receive.” That’s what I recently told a group of teens who all seem to have great parents. They seemed to have a hundred questions when I made that statement. “Yes, the mom who monitors your cell phone almost daily, and…
The Cedar Grove Baptist Church will be celebrating its Family and Friends Day on Sunday, March 8, at 2:30 p.m.