ATLANTA – Christmas is coming early this year for local governments, businesses and nonprofits in Georgia struggling to recover from the coronavirus pandemic.
Marley Brown went into the new Jackson County High School with an open mind.
The Gwinnett County Board of Education unanimously approved Calvin J. Watts as the next superintendent of Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS) on Friday (July 30), according to a press releas…
The mass COVID-19 vaccination site at University of North Georgia’s Gainesville Campus will administer its last dose on Friday, July 30.
Georgia Power’s nuclear expansion at Plant Vogtle is being delayed again due to “productivity challenges” and additional time needing for testing and quality assurance, the Atlanta-based utili…
Caleb Heady’s dominance over the pro division at Lanier Raceplex ended Wednesday night when contact on a late-race restart knocked him out of first place. William Sawalich capitalized to take the win in round three of the Lanier Speedway INEX Racing Series.
- Jackson County 4-H'ers honored at state contest
- Jackson County 4-H celebrates full summer
- Lula officials discuss Capital Improvement Plan
- State gearing up to divide big pot of federal COVID-19 relief money
- Adventure Bags selling ‘Shooting with the Sheriff’ raffle tickets
- Voices of North Georgia has openings for vocals
- Sawalich scores upset pro division win, Campbell settles for P3 in semi-pro race
- Softball begins summer season
- BCHS cheerleaders prepare for upcoming season
- Martin named Johnson High School baseball coach
- VOLEYBALL PREVIEW: Eagles seek growth in Crenshaw's second year
- LORAN SMITH: Fabris forever linked to Georgia football
- Former BOC chairman, current deputy coroner charged with DUI in county vehicle
- Commerce planners shoot down more proposed projects
- Two charged in armed robbery
- UPDATE: Winder council member Sheats resigns, citing frustrations with city leadership
- Friday marks return to school: Districts announce COVID mitigation plans
- Recent arrests made across Barrow County
- BOE to focus on Ila facility in August
- Cynthia "Cindy" Alexander Courtney
- Dean, Sorrells named Rotary leaders
- Banks BOE approves personnel items
When I was a small child I remember my parents both accompanying me to the old Danielsville Elementary (now the county complex) and waiting in a line to get the oral polio vaccine and the smal…
I agree with Mr. Gary Harvin. Very good opinion, Mr. Harvin. It seems that the Northeast Georgia Regional Commission is just another layer of bureaucracy. Private companies would do a better j…
Dear Editor: I appreciate the zeal of letter writer Gary Harvin (7/22/21 edition) who wants to see well-written and executed comprehensive planning for Madison County.
When you’re going on a trip, the day you travel to your destination is always very tiring. I had been up very early, traveling to the Atlanta airport and finding my way to the correct gate in …
It’s been 25 years or so since I first stayed at the Peabody Hotel in Memphis. Proclaimed as the South’s Grand Hotel, I have since stayed a couple of dozen times, at least.
Barrow County-based nonprofit Adventure Bags, Inc. is currently selling raffle tickets as part of its “Shooting with the Sheriff” fundraiser.
Voices of North Georgia, a Gainesville-based, 50-voice community chorus presenting concerts from the Beatles to Beethoven, will be resuming in-person rehearsals this fall and has positions ava…
The National Society of High School Scholars has announced student Lillian M. Goodwin, from Jefferson, has been selected to become a member of the esteemed organization.
West Jackson Elementary School parents will see changes in morning drop off and afternoon pickup as school starts.
The Barrow County School System aims to provide Dell Chromebooks and at-home mobile hotspots to students who currently lack access to the devices and services they need to complete assignments…
The National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) has named four more members of Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS) Class of 2021 as recipients of 2021 National Merit Scholarships financed …
•Erastus Christian Church, 2050 Neese Commerce Road, will have homecoming and revival Aug. 1 – 4. On Sunday, Aug. 1, at 11 a.m. the Echoes of Mercy gospel group will perform, with a homecoming meal to follow. Revival speaker Rev. Vaughn Howington, Jr., will speak at the 6 p.m. service. Servi…
On Sunday, July 25, over 21 youth and adults from Commerce First United Methodist Church enjoyed a three-hour kayaking adventure on the Broad River.
The 70th annual homecoming will be held at Crossroads Worship Center Church of God, Commerce, at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, Aug. 1.
Commerce First United Methodist Church is now holding preschool registration for ages 2 to 5.