Latest Barrow News
The COVID-19 Community Response Fund, hosted by the Athens Area Community Foundation in partnership with United Way of Northeast Georgia, announced its fourth round of grant distributions to t…
The following recent incidents were among those the Auburn Police Department responded to:
The Barrow County Board of Education appears likely to approve the use of reserves to offset a roughly $4.6 million deficit in the county school system’s proposed Fiscal Year 2021 budget — a m…
Ten-year-old Cooper Hancock of Commerce drove to a first-place finish in the 10-12-year-old Junior Dragster division in July 11 racing action at Atlanta Dragway.
Winder-Barrow High School senior standout defensive end Jacob Merrifield has made his college decision. The 6-foot-3 265-pounder announced recently that he has committed to Florida Atlantic Un…
After a three-month search, Bethlehem Christian Academy has a new head football coach and a new athletic director.
Here is the MainStreet Newspapers' All-Area Girls' Soccer team:
Latest Barrow News
- CERT helps out at Statham Fourth of July celebration
- Local students earn honors at, graduate from colleges, universities
- Barrow County government hit with cyber attack
- ‘Back 2 School Bash’ event set for Aug. 1
- Winder Church of God of Prophecy plans BBQ/yard sale, monthly singing
- Barrow County School System receives COVID-19 response funds from area agencies
- BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT: Weston Shane Bowman
- White Oak Spring Baptist to host ‘Shred Day’ event
- Sheriff’s office, police departments, GSP report recent arrests
- Truck stolen from home garage in Winder
- Winder council denies annexation request for large subdivision
- MITCHAM: American or Confederate flag: Pick one or the other
- Man arrested for driving drunk on John Deere Gator in Auburn
- Barrow schools to offer in-person, distance learning options this year
- Schools plan to purchase up to $130K in PPE
- LETTER: It's time to 'defund the police'
- Man on bicycle reports suspects in BMW tried to ‘grab’ him
- Proposed school budget would put district in $4.6M hole; deficit could be made up through use of reserves
Members of the Barrow CountyCommunity Emergency Response Team (CERT) provided walking first aid and water for the annual Statham Fourth of July celebration recently. In attendance for CERT were: Dave Mueller, Vance Oakes, Charity Montgomery, Alex Wisnoski, Michael Toney, Fern Oakes and Bobbi…
The following incidents were among those the Winder Police Department recently responded to.
The Barrow County Sheriff’s Office, Statham and Winder police departments, and the Georgia State Patrol reported the following recent arrests around the county.
The following recent incidents were among those responded to by the Winder Police Department.
My feelings about The Madison County Journal’s founder, Frank Gillispie, who died in 2019, are not simple. When I remember him, I think of small-town journalism. I also think of the South and the narratives we accept or deny. I think of the Confederacy and how it seems to live with many peop…
Under the name of former White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the national Republican committee is attempting to raise money by attacking the media.
A friend lamented the other day of the losses of her youth, which included a firm jawline and hair color which didn’t require a monthly touch-up.
ATHENS — If you were to bump into a lady named Jenny Tucker Brinkley at Earth Fare, grabbing a healthy snack for lunch, or at the Five and Ten, where she often goes for a fulfilling dining exp…
Winder Church of God of Prophecy, located at the corner of King and Wright streets, will host a barbecue plate/yard sale Saturday, July 18, beginning at 8 a.m.
White Oak Spring Missionary Baptist Church, 123 East New St., Winder, will host a free community “Shred Day” event from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, July 18.
Calvary Baptist Church, 1975 Hwy. 82, Statham, will host its monthly First Friday Night Singing from 7-9 p.m. Friday, July 10.
The following local students made either the President’s List (4.0 grade-point average) or Dean’s List (a GPA of at least 3.5) at the University of Alabama for the spring 2020 semester:
The following local students, all from Auburn, made the Dean’s List at Mercer University for the spring 2020 semester:
Lauren Ballenger, a recent graduate of Winder-Barrow High School, has been selected as a recipient of a Georgia-Pacific Foundation Employees’ Children Scholarship.
The following area students were named to the President's List or Dean's List at Kennesaw State University for the spring 2020 semester. President's List honorees earned a grade-point average …
Calvary Baptist Church, 1086 Atlanta Hwy., Auburn, has announced new service times has the church begins its return toward normal operations amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Here is a running list of church service modifications and other event cancellations or modifications in Barrow County in response to the coronavirus pandemic. It will be updated frequently as…