PHOTO: Electrical problem cause of fire in abandoned building in downtown Winder

An abandoned commercial building in downtown Winder suffered second-floor fire damage Sunday, May 31, due to an electrical problem, according to Winder Fire Chief Matt Whiting. Just before 10 a.m. Sunday, Winder firefighters and crews from Barrow County Emergency Services were dispatched to the building at 57 East Candler St., where smoke was reported coming from the upper floor. The structure suffered moderate damage, and the fire was ruled accidental, Whiting said, adding that no civilian or firefighter or civilian was injured during the incident.

Locations

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.