An honest admission by a Winder man earned him a citation, but landed his friend in jail. An officer stopped Thomas Consentino, 19, of 599 Mossy Trace in Winder, on North Broad Street near Ingles after noticing Consentino’s Chevrolet Silverado did not have an operative tag light.
When the officer approached the vehicle, he noticed a strong odor of marijuana and asked Consentino if he had been smoking pot.
“I ain’t going to lie. I smoked a blunt about an hour ago,” Consentino is reported to have said.
Consentino, along with passengers Juan Acosta, 18, of 354 Mobile Drive in Winder, and Franklin Bladimir Segovia, 21, of 832 Brandon Drive in Winder, were asked to step out of the vehicle.
Consentino granted permission for officers to search the vehicle. During the search, an officer found a zip lock baggie containing a small amount of suspected marijuana in a pair of cargo pants located inside the vehicle.
Acosta admitted “smoking weed,” but said he did not have any left. Consentino likewise said he was not aware that any pot remained. Segovia then admitted that the pants and marijuana was his.
A check of Segovia’s identification showed he was wanted for a probation violation. Segovia was placed under arrest and transported to the Barrow County Detention Center. Consentino and Acosta were released on citations at the scene for possession of less than one ounce of marijuana.
Other recent arrests made by Winder Police include:
• Amanda L. Bray, 17, 206 Second Street, Winder, outstanding warrant.
• April Cheville Francis Johnson, 29, 245 Apperson Drive, Winder, outstanding warrant.
• Brandon Lee Hooper, 24, 120 Jefferson Road, Statham, outstanding warrant.
• Dacquiri Nicole Huff, 18, 1312 Lec Stone Road, Hoschton, DUI, child endangerment, consumption of alcohol by a minor and defective equipment.
• Danielle Darlene Vickers, 28, 56 East Wright Street, Winder, shoplifting.
• J.C. Wallace, 66, 97 Circle Drive, Winder, VGCSA.
• Jesse Michael Masters, 27, 490 Gainesville Highway, Winder, parole violation.
• Jennifer Nicole Thomason, 37, 570 Pendergrass Road, Winder, failure to appear.
• Justin William Womer, 25, 506 Heritage Lane, Winder, outstanding warrant.
• Kimberly Jill Fuller, 32, 1512 Alcovy Road, Monroe, following too closely, too fast for conditions, turn signal required and DUI.
• Laquita Shanelle Porter, 20, 314 Pine Park Street, Monroe, outstanding warrant.
• Michael Anthony Fulcher, 31, 1140 Ridgeway Road, Bogart, possession of less than one ounce of marijuana.
• Michael Ryan Maxwell, 23, 1055 Mulberry Trail, Winder, failure to appear and possession of less than one ounce of marijuana.
• Montez Orlando Watson, 24, 812 Lodgeview Drive, Winder, probation violation.
• Sandra Mainor, 38, 358 Margie Drive, Winder, failure to appear.
• Vonterrius Jackson, 19, 280 Capital Avenue, Winder, possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute, fleeing and attempting to elude, reckless driving, obstruction, giving false name, driving while license suspended and criminal trespass.