An Auburn man was arrested after what he claims was an accidental stabbing. Sheriff’s deputies were enroute to a domestic dispute at a Harmony Grove Church Road residence when dispatch advised that one of the subjects involved in the dispute had been stabbed in the chest and that the person who had stabbed the subject was applying pressure to the victim’s wound.
When deputies arrived, they found Jason Todd Schunke, 21, of 1310 Harmony Grove Church Road, on the porch kneeling over his father.
The father had a stab wound to his chest which Schunke said had been caused by a pair of scissors.
As the deputies attempted to interview Schunke, his father kept insisting that Schunke had not stabbed him and that he had stabbed himself. Schunke’s father told his son not to say anything.
Once medical personnel left the scene with the father, the deputies again attempted to get Schunke’s side of the story.
According to Schunke, he and his father had been drinking. When his mother arrived home, she became upset about the fact that the pair had alcohol in the house. Schunke claimed his mother and father began arguing. When the argument became heated, Schunke said he became involved.
During the argument, Schunke’s father allegedly took a pair of scissors from the dishwasher. Schunke said he was struggling with his father in an attempt to calm him.
"Somehow the scissors got pushed into him. All I know is all of a sudden there was blood everywhere," Schunke said.
The mother confirmed that she had been arguing with her husband, but said Schunke became very combative and began shoving her. After Schunke pushed her several times, the father attempted to intervene.
The mother said she and her husband held Schunke down and tried to get him under control. Schunke’s younger brother was present during the altercation and became upset. The mother said she was leading her youngest son out of the house when she turned and saw Schunke with his hand raised. The mother said it appeared that Schunke had an object in his hand.
When she walked back towards her husband and son to see what had happened, she noticed that her husband was bleeding from the chest. The mother said she then grabbed her younger child and ran out of the house.
A few minutes later, Schunke and his father walked out onto the porch where deputies later found them.
Based on testimonial evidence, Schunke was arrested and charged with family violence simple battery.
Other recent arrests made by Barrow County Sheriff’s deputies include:
• William Matthew Autry, 25, 852 Wardlaw Road, Hull, first degree forgery.
• Dalton Jace Crimm, 18, 1429 Flanagan Mill Drive, Auburn, failure to appear.
• Calvin Jamain Cunningham, 33, 400 Alberta Drive, Colbert, DUI, driving while license suspended, giving false name or information, failure to maintain lane, obstruction and probation violation.
• James Vince Dalton, 33, 303 Cedar Creek, Winder, family violence battery, simple battery and third degree cruelty to children.
• Marquita Shanta Darden, 26, 112 Ashmore Drive, Athens, theft by shoplifting, possession of less than one ounce of marijuana, first degree forgery and giving false name or information.
• Robert Davis Jr., 47, 85 North Williamson Street, Winder, probation violation.
• John Allen Doolet, 28, 893 Whispering Way, Winder, possession of methamphetamine, drugs to be kept in original container, possession of marijuana, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, DUI and probation violation.
• Gerald Fredricia Dulaney, 29, 164 Wood Circle, Winder, reckless driving, obstruction, improper passing, too fast for conditions, VGCSA, obstruction, failure to maintain lane, fleeing or attempting to elude, seatbelt violation, hit and run, abandonment of dependent child and probation violation.
• Shawn Leroy Hadden, 34, 691 John Carter Road, Bloomingdale, probation violation.
• Anthony Eugene Hammond, 39, 301 Russell Cemetery Road, Winder, failure to appear and probation violation.
• Erik Joe Harry, 27, 140 Lily Drive, Winder, family violence battery, second degree cruelty to children and simple assault.
• Robert Lewis Heard, 40, 470 Sweetgum Street, Social Circle, probation violation.
• Jenna Nicole Ivey, 26, 226 West Candler, Winder, possession of Alprazolam and drugs to be kept in original container.
• Tracy Edward Johnson, 38, 3230 Snows Mill Road, Monroe, aggravated assault, cruelty to children, battery, simple battery and kidnapping.
• Susan Christina Lackey, 30, 287 Georgia Avenue, Winder, theft by taking and obstruction.
• Sandra Lee Marmon, 48, 674 Moon Road, Lawrenceville, probation violation.
• Brandon David McDaniel, 26, 358 Kilcrease Road, Winder, probation violation.
• Marissa Anne Milton, 18, 7 Soares Road, Lavonia, theft by shoplifting.
• Bryan David Reynolds, 28, 512 Rosewood Circle, Winder, family violence battery, third degree cruelty to children, interference with a 911 call and possession of less than one ounce of marijuana.
• Jonathan Wade Roberts, 23, 782 Old Gainesville Highway, Pendergrass, affray and battery.
• Russell Scruggs, 48, 705 Bridge Way, Lawrenceville, driving while license suspended or revoked, failure to yield to emergency vehicle, DUI, failure to maintain lane and open container.
• Shaun Thomas Stokley, 24, 287 Georgia Avenue, Winder, theft by taking, speeding, fleeing or attempting to elude, failure to stop at stop sign and hit and run.
• Gary Wayne Studstill, 27, 373 Kay Drive, Winder, probation violation.
• Laquinthia Shunte Tuggle, 26, 174 Venture Way, Winder, theft by taking.
• Hagen Robert Zillman, 30, 500 Greenfield Drive, Statham, manufacturing marijuana.
• Darrell Louis Ansley, 40, 127 Perry Street, Monroe, speeding.
• Julie Ann Arroryo, 39, 2635 Old Athens Highway, Monroe, family violence battery.
• Donald James Chancey Jr., 44, 531 Chicken Lyle Road, Winder, deposit account fraud.
• Samwise James Comeau, 34, 174 County Line Road, Auburn, criminal damage to property.
• Jose Cruz, 45, 1408 London Avenue, Winder, theft by shoplifting.
• Karen Taylor Greer, 49, 366 Carl Cedar Hill, Winder, failure to maintain lane, hit and run and DUI.
• Matthew Ross Herrington, 24, 423 Nicole Court, Winder, speeding, fleeing or attempting to elude and reckless driving.
• Andrew David Jackson, 33, P.O. Box 160, Winder, VGCSA and drugs to be kept in original container.
• Danielle Lee Japp, 38, 1433 Princeton Drive, Statham, criminal trespass.
• Kenneth Michael Kanca Jr., 22, 5622 White Trail Road, Flowery Branch, speeding, improper tag display and reckless driving.
• Sheri Lynn Ledbetter, 44, 1415 Tree Park Circle, Flowery Branch, theft of services.
• Paula Jean Miles, 44, 524 Corinth Church Road, Winder, maintaining a disorderly house.
• Robert Calvin Nelson III, 17, 1004 Tom Miller Road, Bethlehem, driving without headlights when required and driving while license suspended.
• Salita Ann Presley, 22, 1659 Eliza Doster Road, Monroe, theft by shoplifting.
• Benjamin Mark Rooks, 23, 869 Georgetown Drive, Winder, probation violation.
• Timothy Royston Samples, 46, 486 Alcovy Park Drive, Lawrenceville, deposit account fraud.
• Daniel Edward Schalk, 52, 1579 Wynfield Drive, Auburn, maintaining a disorderly house.
• Loryne Brook Shepley, 28, 1328 Jefferson Highway, Winder, failure to appear.
• Brenda Marie Sims, 29, 125 Royal Circle, Athens, theft by shoplifting.
• Tiffany Rena Sims, 27, 125 Royal Circle, Athens, theft by shoplifting.
• Michael Anthony Wilson, 24, 512 Heritage Lane, Winder, DUI and driving while unlicensed.
• John William Zillman, 37, 500 Greenfield Drive, Statham, manufacturing marijuana.