The Winder Police Department recently responded to the following incidents:
• Possession of methamphetamine possession and use of drug related objects Jan. 19 at 243 May St., where police observed a running vehicle parked at a closed business.
• Knowingly driving a motor vehicle on suspended registration Jan. 19 at Horton St., where a traffic stop was conducted.
• Knowingly driving a motor vehicle on suspended registration Jan. 19 at E May St., where a traffic stop was conducted.
• Aggravated assault; battery-Family Violence; simple assault-Family Violence; violation of Family Violence Order Jan. 19 at 1506 Box Cir., where a man who attempted to choke his wife during a domestic dispute occurred involving
• Arrest warrant; willful obstruction of law enforcement officers Jan. 20 at 72 McNeal Rd., where a man with an active warrant ran from police and physically resisted arrest.
• Arrest warrant Jan. 20 at 2900 University Pkwy., Lawrenceville, where an inmate transport occurred.
• Forgery-4th degree Jan. 20 at 4 Mimosa St., where a man was attempting to exchange counterfeit money.
• Arrest warrant Jan. 20 at 656 Exchange Cir., Bethlehem, where a man with an active warrant was arrested at his place of work.
• Giving false name, address or birthdate to law enforcement officer Jan. 20 at 64 E May St., where a man was refusing to leave a business.
• Driving without a valid license; failure to obey stop sign Jan. 21 at W Midland Ave., where a car accident with no injuries occurred.
• Criminal trespass Jan. 21 at 17 Monroe Hwy., where vehicle damage in a parking lot was reported.
• Theft by receiving stolen property; purchase, possess, manufacture, distribute or sale of marijuana; possession of a firearm or knife during commission or attempt to commit certain felonies; furnishing, purchasing of alcoholic beverage by persons below legal age; minor purchasing, attempting to purchase or possessing tobacco or vapor products; consumption/open container of alcoholic beverage in passenger area Jan. 21 at N Broad St., where a car accident occurred.
• Driving while license suspended Jan. 22 at E Candler St., where a traffic stop was conducted.
• Arrest warrant serviced Jan. 22 at 37 W Williams St.
• Criminal trespass Jan. 23 at 89 Sims Rd., where a woman reported an unknown person had removed her gate from its hinges.
• Theft by taking Jan. 20 at 113 N Broad St., where a fast food employee was caught stealing from her employer through refund receipts.
• Disturbing the peace; public drunkenness Jan. 24 at 402 Shenandoah Ct., where a couple were in an physical domestic dispute.
• Aggravated assault; willful obstruction of law enforcement law enforcement officers Jan. 24 at 44 E Midland Ave., where a man was on private property slinging a brick around radically.
• Theft by taking Jan. 3 at 192 E Athens St., where a man reported a lost/stolen car dealership vehicle tag.
• Driving without a valid license; lighted headlights Jan. 24 at 55 E May St., where a traffic stop was conducted.
• Hold for other agency Jan. 25 at 168 W May St., where police saw a person known to have an active warrant walking down the street.
• Damage to property Jan. 25 at 232 Hidden Ct., where a woman had fire damage inside a vehicle.
• Damage to property Jan. 25 at 25 E Midland Ave., where a semi-tractor trailer struck a stop sign.
• Marijuana possession less than 1 oz.; possession and use of drug related objects Jan. 25 at 359 East Broad St., Winder, where a vehicle fire occurred.
• Arrest warrant serviced Jan. 25 at 51 W May St., where a traffic stop was conducted.
• Tag light required; marijuana possession less than 1 oz.; possession and use of drug related objects Jan. 25 at 64 E May St., where a traffic stop was conducted.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.