Beaverdam Baptist Church will hold a Neighborhood Fall Block Party in Willoughby Park, located at 338 Clayton Street, Commerce, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, October 23.
- Ford graduates from Georgia Tech
- Hoschton schedules public input meeting for Friday, conceptual master plan meeting for Sunday
- Hoschton candidates discuss traffic, growth at forum
- MITCHAM: An average schmo contemplates cryptocurrency
- Comer man charged after domestic incident
- LETTER: Madison Co. needs affordable housing
- FOOTBALL PREVIEW: Panthers battle Eastside in crucial late-season matchup
- FOOTBALL PREVIEW: Dragons battle Chestatee after a much-needed off week
- FOOTBALL PREVIEW: Commerce resumes region play against Social Circle
- FOOTBALL WEEK 10 PREVIEW: Apalachee still in running for second-place region finish with three games left
- SOFTBALL: Dragons split doubleheader with West Laurens, tiebreaker set for Wednesday
- VOLLEYBALL: Panthers sweep Villa Ricca to advance in state playoffs
- William "Bo" Franklin Geiger III
- Eight arrested by sheriff's office
- Howard retiring as county school superintendent
- Jackson County man pleads guilty in role in Jan. 6 insurrection
- Banks County sheriff addresses Lula residents concerning crime
- Woman dies in Hwy. 172 wreck
- Fast-food worker shatters coffee pot on customer’s head
- Man charged in string of entering-auto incidents in Winder neighborhood
- County BOE purchases new school site near Pendergrass
- Royston woman reports stalking incident in Commerce
Arbor Pointe Church at West Jackson will host its first homecoming service and dinner on the grounds on Sunday, October 17, starting at 10:30 a.m.
•Freedom Church of God, 3428 Neese Commerce Road will distribute free food boxes Tuesdays, Oct 19, Nov 16, Dec 21 from 3 to 4:30 p.m. Volunteers come at 1 p.m. to help setup recipients should not arrive until 3 p.m. (must be present to receive box) You will remain in your car and drive thru.…
Pastor Zach Hawks has been elected to New Hope Baptist Church, 40 Old Kings Bridge Road, Nicholson. His first sermon will be Sunday, Oct. 10. He and his wife, Sarah, and son, Luke, are pictured.
First Baptist Church of Commerce will host a retirement celebration honoring pastor Dr. Carlton Allen on Sunday, October 17. A community-wide reception will be held in the Family Fellowship Center from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m.
•David's Home Church will hold its annual homecoming service Sunday, Oct. 3 beginning at 10 a.m. with special singing by “The Brothers” singers. The Rev. Terry Fowler will bring the homecoming message at 11am. There will be no meal after the morning service. Revival services will be held Mon…
Holly Springs United Methodist Church, Pendergrass is helping Midway United Methodist Church, Gillsville, fill a crate with powered baby formula for shipment to impoverished families in Venezuela. The mission, Venezuela Now, was organized by Methodist pastors to share the transforming love o…
•Faith Valley Holiness Church, located in the Harrison Community just off of Hwy. 281 (Wildcat Bridge Road), will have a benefit yard sale Saturday, Sept. 25, 8 a.m. to noon. Breakfast biscuits will also be available for purchase. For more information, call 706-206-9489, 706-206-9091 or 706-…
Antioch United Methodist Church, located at 885 Antioch Church Road, Nicholson, will celebrate 222 years of praise with homecoming on Sunday, September 12, at 11 a.m.
•Freedom Church of God 3428 Neese Commerce Road will distribute free food boxes on Tuesday, Sept. 21 at a new time: 3 to 4:30 p.m. Volunteers should arrive at 1 p.m. to help set up and recipients should not arrive before 3 p.m. At both distributions, recipients will remain in their cars and …
Raymond Church Productions will present his annual Labor Day singing featuring the Pine Ridge Boys and the Mylon Hayes Family on Saturday, Sept. 4, at 6 p.m. at New Hope Baptist Church, located at 40 Old Kings Bridge Road, Nicholson.
•Shiloh Baptist Church, located at the corner of Jones Chapel – Shiloh Road and Hwy. 174, will have Fifth Sunday Fellowship on Sunday, Aug. 29. Sunday School will begin at 10 a.m. followed by a preaching and singing service which will be held at 11 a.m. After the morning service, church lead…
The Grove gathered to pray for the new school before classes began at local schools. Those who participated prayed for all of the area students, teachers, coaches and administrators.
Dell Lord will lead an online Bible Study on the Holiness of God at The Grove. There are only 12 slots open. The study will begin on Oct. 7 at 7 p.m. To sign up, go to https://forms.gle/E5BnmEvWZ6QvkMw6
Freedom Church of God, 3428 Neese Commerce Road, will be distributing free food boxes on Saturday, August 28, from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. (must be present to receive box). Volunteers come at 8:30 a.m. and recipients come at 9 a.m. (parking lot will be closed).
Gillsville Baptist Church held a Back-to-School Bash on Saturday, Aug. 8. The event featured book bags, hair cuts, meals, T-shirts, a clothes closet and grocery boxes.
•Gordon's Chapel United Methodist Church, Sanford Community, 6625 Nowhere Road, Hull, will have its homecoming on Aug. 8, at 10 a.m., with Rev. Bill Jackson speaking. The service will be followed by a covered dish meal at the Sanford Community Center. For more information, call the church at…
Community Brotherhood met Sunday, August 1, with Duane Eller, pastor of Nails Creek Baptist Church, as the guest speaker. Eller is also chairman of the Banks County Christian Learning Center (CLC).
This was the scene Sunday at the historic Hebron Presbyterian Church's 225th anniversary celebration. Hebron, located in Commerce in southern Banks County near Madison County, is one of the oldest churches in Northeast Georgia dating to the early settlers in the area. In addition to the chu…
•Erastus Christian Church, 2050 Neese Commerce Road, will have homecoming and revival Aug. 1 – 4. On Sunday, Aug. 1, at 11 a.m. the Echoes of Mercy gospel group will perform, with a homecoming meal to follow. Revival speaker Rev. Vaughn Howington, Jr., will speak at the 6 p.m. service. Servi…