Latest Jackson News
While food banks around the nation face a run on their services and supplies amid the coronavirus crisis, the Banks-Jackson Emergency Food Bank remains well-stocked and surprisingly low-trafficked.
A Jackson County judge has again granted temporary relief to the City of Hoschton to allow its council to continue to function.
Christi Thomas had already interviewed once before for the Jackson County girls’ head basketball coaching position.
In what was a mere formality in the wake of Gov. Brian Kemp cancelling schools for the remainder of the year, the Georgia High School Association (GHSA) has cancelled the rest of its spring sp…
CO-WRESTLER OF THE YEAR
As has been the case with sporting events across the board, the Southern Nationals have been cancelled due to safety concerns with the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Latest Jackson News
- Election postponed to June 9
- Store employees report customers cough on products, put back on shelves
- Tanger to be closed through April 13
- Virus could be one of nation's deadliest events
- How bad will it be in Jackson?
- Commerce council gets virus actions update
- Banks-Jackson food bank seeing unusual trend during COVID-19 crisis
- Judge grants temporary relief to allow Hoschton council to function
- TUESDAY NOON UPDATE: No deaths, but COVID-19 cases triple
- Man posing as sheriff's deputy, making ‘curfew' traffic stops
- NOON FRIDAY UPDATE: Jackson cases now at 12; no deaths reported so far
- THURSDAY NOON UPDATE: 11 confirmed cases in Jackson
- MONDAY NOON UPDATE: Virus cases climb over past week; Jackson at 17 cases as of April 6
- Jackson County jail log
- Neighbor threatens to kill man over virus fears
- Commerce man arrested on multiple charges of child molestation
- Arcade amends emergency ordinance to match governor’s shelter-in-place order
- Jefferson allowing carry-out alcohol sales at restaurants during state-of-emergency
Employees at a Hoschton supermarket recently reported customers were coughing on merchandise and placing it back on shelves.
A Stockbridge man arrested for disorderly and reckless conduct claimed to have coronavirus and coughed on Jefferson police officers after being taken into custody.
A Jefferson woman reported that her ex-boyfriend wouldn’t stop contacting her and that the tires of her friend’s vehicle were flattened during an incident at Gordon St. apartments last week.
A man said a Dodge Ram truck and a trailer loaded with pallets — all valued at nearly $77,000 total — were recently stolen from a business on Maysville Rd.
By David R. Altman
Dear Editor: Every 10th of a second, someone is thriving towards the next dimension of success. Thus, I believe these are the American People. These people are building constructive relationsh…
Seventy five years ago, the final battle of World War II took place on the island of Okinawa.
“Working serious and sometime tragic investigations over three decades did not prepare me for the events that unfolded during those days in January.”
The Jackson County School System's food distribution program will resume on Monday, April 13. Services will not be offering during spring break, which is April 6-10.
John Scott, vice president and economic development representative of the Jackson County Area Chamber of Commerce, spoke recently to the Jefferson Lions Club at the Jefferson City Clubhouse.
This spring marks 35 years that I have been in the newspaper business. It’s really been longer than that if you count the years that I was on the high school newspaper staff or the years I roa…
Local high school senior Sarah Moore of Jefferson recently participated in LaGrange College’s Presidential Scholar Weekend competition and earned thousands of dollars in scholarship awards. At the competition, students were judged on their performance in group discussions, written essays and…
Rep. Doug Collins recently announced that his office will begin accepting virtual submissions for the 2020 Congressional Art Competition.
Do you ever feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders? I’ve been there and I’m sure we all have at one time or the other. During those times it can be difficult to keep a positive…