Longer days and warmer weather often bring increased energy use. As temperatures rise, Jackson EMC offers the following solutions for saving energy in the summer:
Latest Jackson News
It must have been all that toilet paper sold.
Thirty-five local players were named the 8-AAA all-region soccer team, according to a release from the region’s coaches.
Jefferson’s Jasper Adamek and Kallon Cook saw their senior seasons cut short, but have not seen their last action on a baseball diamond.
The Jackson County Athletic Hall of Fame will welcome six more members this fall with the induction of its 2020 class.
Prep sports in the state are a step closer to returning to action, and it’s a welcomed step for the county’s fall sports coaches whose seasons would start in a few months should high school at…
Latest Jackson News
- Jackson EMC offers tips for saving money during warmer weather
- Area residents make dean's list at Georgia Tech
- Ga Tech releases faculty honors list
- LETTER: Appreciates coverage of South Jackson group's efforts
- Final day of elections coming Tuesday
- Jackson public safety employee put on leave following Facebook post about protesters
- Funds granted to nonprofits providing 'positive youth engagement'
- Tickets on sale June 8 for Braselton West Wine Hop
- 'We're in this together' — Unity, hope for future generations focus of Jefferson march
- Jackson records 5th and 6th COVID deaths
- Elections board has tense meeting over handling of absentee ballots
- McMullan approved as new Jefferson Schools superintendent
- Planning board recommends approval for downtown Jefferson car showroom
- Man charged with child molestation
- MainStreet Newspapers' All-Area Baseball Team
- Roy named assistant county manager
- Commerce mobile COVID tests nets 41 positives
- Man served with divorce papers, threatens to shoot wife
A man reportedly groped a woman multiple times in her car and began foaming at the mouth after ingesting a substance resembling cocaine before he fled the scene on foot.
A man told the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office last week that his ex-girlfriend threatened to hire someone to kill him before a child custody hearing.
A suspicious vehicle recently fled from Braselton police, ultimately traveling through a wet field and backyards during the pursuit.
For my little sisters.
Dear Editor: President Trump often traffics in conspiracy theories. However, even conservative media outlets are saying that his latest accusation against MSNBC host Joe Scarborough is ugly, e…
Several local nonprofits will receive grant funding through the COVID-19 Community Response Fund, hosted by the Athens Area Community Foundation in partnership with United Way of Northeast Georgia.
Tickets for the Braselton West Wine Hop will go on sale Monday, June 8.
The Jackson EMC Foundation board of directors awarded a total $139,150 in grants during its May meeting, including $27,500 to organizations serving Jackson County. Grants included:
Kathryn Quinn, a health science major from Commerce, was recently recognized on Columbus State University's Spring 2020 President's List.
Scripture is clear. We should serve others, and Jesus is the greatest example of service to mankind. Mark 10:45 says, “For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
First Baptist Church of Jefferson is seeking donations of graduation gowns to help support frontline workers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Beginning Baptist Church will host a gospel singing on June 7 at 6 p.m. featuring Jordan Clayton of Augusta.
We all have big dreams of what we want to do for the Lord. We may envision ourselves in a pulpit singing or preaching to the multitudes. Our heart’s desire could be to spread the gospel on the…