Beaverdam Baptist Church has several Christmas events coming up in the next few weeks.
Phil Carpenter, Gainesville, will be the guest speaker at Cave Springs Baptist Church on Dec. 5 and Dec. 12 at the 11 a.m. service. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Latest Jackson News
- Report suggests increasing penalties for violence against Georgia health-care workers
- JCWSA engineers help decide future of Bear Creek treatment expansion
- Georgia tax collections increase in November for fifth straight month
- Man rescued off roof of Tanger Outlets Center building
- Beverdam Baptist to hold Christmas activities
- Recent arrests around the county
- Shoplifting reported at Family Dollar
- Commerce business owner victim of theft by deception
- Commerce to see massive industrial growth from Oconee River to Hwy. 441 along I-85
- Commerce jewelry store robbed at gunpoint
- Shots fired from vehicle toward Commerce business
- Jackson housing study calls for more affordable options
- Man jumps out of moving ambulance in Arcade
- 'Unique, beautiful and brave': JHS student an advocate for people with Down syndrome
- Recent arrests around the county
- Jefferson city council approves two rezonings
- Mooney, Hulsey marry Oct. 23
- Jackson getting on barndominium trend
Dugar Strickland will be hosting an "Old Fashion Picking and Grinning" Friday night, Nov. 26, at 7 p.m. at StonePath Church, located at 8430 Maysville Hwy., Maysville.
Commerce First United Methodist Church will hold its annual Advent Adventure on Sunday, November 28, from 9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. in the Family Life Center.
Holly Springs UMC, Pendergrass, recognized veterans during morning service on Sunday. Shown are: (L-R) Bobby Tiller, Navy, Hope Loggins, Marines, and Jim Benson, Army National Guard.
A Craft Fair will be held in the Erastus Christian Church fellowship hall on Saturday, November 13, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. There will also be baked goods and food offered.
Beaverdam Baptist Church will hold a Neighborhood Fall Block Party in Willoughby Park, located at 338 Clayton Street, Commerce, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, October 23.
Arbor Pointe Church at West Jackson will host its first homecoming service and dinner on the grounds on Sunday, October 17, starting at 10:30 a.m.
Pastor Zach Hawks has been elected to New Hope Baptist Church, 40 Old Kings Bridge Road, Nicholson. His first sermon will be Sunday, Oct. 10. He and his wife, Sarah, and son, Luke, are pictured.
First Baptist Church of Commerce will host a retirement celebration honoring pastor Dr. Carlton Allen on Sunday, October 17. A community-wide reception will be held in the Family Fellowship Center from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m.
Holly Springs United Methodist Church, Pendergrass is helping Midway United Methodist Church, Gillsville, fill a crate with powered baby formula for shipment to impoverished families in Venezuela. The mission, Venezuela Now, was organized by Methodist pastors to share the transforming love o…
Antioch United Methodist Church, located at 885 Antioch Church Road, Nicholson, will celebrate 222 years of praise with homecoming on Sunday, September 12, at 11 a.m.
Raymond Church Productions will present his annual Labor Day singing featuring the Pine Ridge Boys and the Mylon Hayes Family on Saturday, Sept. 4, at 6 p.m. at New Hope Baptist Church, located at 40 Old Kings Bridge Road, Nicholson.
Freedom Church of God, 3428 Neese Commerce Road, will be distributing free food boxes on Saturday, August 28, from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. (must be present to receive box). Volunteers come at 8:30 a.m. and recipients come at 9 a.m. (parking lot will be closed).
This was the scene Sunday at the historic Hebron Presbyterian Church's 225th anniversary celebration. Hebron, located in Commerce in southern Banks County near Madison County, is one of the oldest churches in Northeast Georgia dating to the early settlers in the area. In addition to the chu…