Latest Madison News
The death of an 11-month-old girl left in a car at Walgreens in Danielsville appears to be an accident, according to the Madison County Sheriff’s Office.
Two Madison County Middle School football players, Cohen Cox (pictured right) (WR/LB) and Jullian Barnes (pictured left) (QB/DB), played in the Offense-Defense National Championship All-American Bowl in Memphis, TN May 26 - May 29. Barnes' team won 19-6 and each served as their respective te…
Latest Madison News
- PHOTOS: Fun on the Fourth in Colbert
- MITCHAM: The souvenir in the tall weeds
- Church News — 7-7-22
- Hull allocates funds for VFD turnout gear
- Phillips wins bronze in marine service technology
- LETTER: Everything gets dumped on women — by men
- Beau Knight is new member of American Angus Association
- Madison Co. Library announces news, events
- Investigators believe child’s death was accidental
- Woman faces murder charge for daughter’s drowning
- Man killed in Hwy. 29 wreck
- Hull teen charged with murder; investigators believe victim was a bystander
- Red Canna Park — plans are in the works in Colbert
- Colbert man charged with child molestation
- Comer man sentenced to death found dead Sunday
- 19-year-old killed in Hull Sunday
- Behind the badge: Junior deputy program lets kids see public safety up close
- Warrants issued in hardware store burglary
When a player hit a foul ball, a souvenir contest was sure to ensue. I generally stayed out of it. There were French fries to consume that came in miniature Major League helmets, and there were professional ballplayers in front of me. But sometimes I watched the ball rise quickly out of Maco…
Dear Editor: Many thanks to Peggy Perkins (LETTER: Vasectomies, 06/29/2022)! Everything gets dumped on women — by men. It's time they took some real responsibility by altering their own biolog…
Information regarding the Madison County Charter School System’s budget process has been expressed as a concern. The goal is to provide clarification to ensure the transparency and integrity o…
It’s difficult to write about abortion, but it feels negligent not to talk about it this week after Friday’s Supreme Court decision.
As I checked the U.S. Drought Monitor today, something jumped out at me, over 85% of the state of Georgia is labeled at abnormally dry or in moderate drought. Combine that with abnormally high…
The Pilot Club of Madison County delivered items to the Madison County Food Bank in June as one of their community projects. Shown are Bobbie Rooker, food bank director, Pilots Lynda Stephenson, Kathy Ferguson and Jean Ginn. Ms. Rooker expressed her appreciation for the Pilot’s continuing se…
Beau Knight, Comer, is a new junior member of the American Angus Association.
Michael Boerrigter, Colbert, graduated fro Georgia Tech during commencement exercises in May at Bobby Dodd Stadium. He earned a master of science in analytics.
•A Bible reading will be held at the Madison County Courthouse at 7:14 a.m., July 14. It’s the fourth year the interdenominational gathering will be held in Georgia at all 159 county courthouses, with the entire Bible being read across the state. The basis for this reading is taken from 2 Ch…