Latest Madison News
More bunkhouse trailers used at emergency sites around the country can be stored at a property on Lem Edwards Road.
WATKINSVILLE - Madison County fell short of its upset bid of region champs Oconee County Friday night. But with last week’s win over Stephens County, and a little help from St. Pius X, the Red…
Latest Madison News
- ‘Child Safety Day’ set for Nov. 16 at Ila VFD
- Industrial authority to meet Nov. 19
- Colbert to hold ‘Old-fashioned Christmas’ Dec. 6
- ‘Cooking to prevent cancer’ class offered Nov. 14
- Sheriff’s office plans ‘Christmas with a Cop’
- Transfer station to be closed for Thanksgiving
- Bee club to meet Nov. 18
- Rotary Club seeks assistance in making splash pad a reality
- Madison Co. deputy charged with murder
- Madison Co. schools among area leaders in rankings
- Long-time teacher charged with unlawful surveillance
- Elderly Colbert woman arrested after striking husband during argument
- LETTER: Madison Co. Democratic Party opposes burning of railroad ties
- Two Hull men arrested on drug charges
- LETTER: Public officials shouldn’t allow area to be dumping ground for others’ waste
- Hull man charged after visiting known ‘drug house’
- LETTER: Fearful of how this new plant will affect us
- SPLOST, Sunday sales approved by voters
An elderly Colbert woman was arrested last week for family violence.
There really is no place like home. Home is familiarity and support among loved ones. It is the place where ideally one can totally be him or herself and be comfortable. For children who are p…
November is the month of lengthening darkness, falling leaves, dank drizzles and cold blustery northeast winds. It’s the beginning of what I think of as the shadow time.
It's time once again for that ever-so-humbling venture into the next-to-impossible: forecasting what sort of weather the coming winter will bring.
Every year on and around Nov. 11, we stop to reflect on and honor our veterans for all they — and their families — have sacrificed for our country.
Ila Elementary School recently recognizes its “Golden Gators” for October. These students were awarded for exemplifying outstanding achievement in the areas of work habits, manners, attitude and citizenship. Pictured (front row, L-R) are Macie Archer, Selah Smith, Case Poole, Brooklyn Patter…
The Pilot Club of Madison County commemorated Pilot International Care and “Kindness Week” (Nov. 3 – 9) by delivering “Pick-Me-Ups” to special education teachers in the schools. Members donate…
•New Beginning Family Worship Center, Hwy. 98 West in Danielsville (below Burdette Realty), will have its Thanksgiving luncheon in the fellowship hall behind the church on Sunday, Nov. 17 at 1 p.m. following the church service, which begins at 10:30 a.m. “All are welcome to join us for food …
•Faith Valley Holiness Church, Royston, will hold a yard sale fundraiser, Saturday, Nov. 2, 8 a.m. to noon, at the church. Organizers say there will be a variety of hand-crafted items also on …