Latest Madison News
County commissioners turned down a proposed zoning ordinance amendment Monday that would have opened the door for homes on smaller subdivision lots, provided the houses were at least a certain size.
Jon Fabris is still coaching—this time, however, it is akin to home schooling since his instructional expertise is reserved exclusively for a most valuable twosome in his household—sons Jack a…
As a youngster, Braselton native Graham Campbell regularly competed at the quarter midget track above Lanier Raceplex.
Latest Madison News
- MITCHAM: Time to end the perverse incentives of the online information economy
- Seagraves Lake to be drained
- Back at it: school bells ring Friday
- BOC to consider options on comp plan update
- LETTER: Citizens must pay attention and react to mission creep’
- BOC rejects proposed subdivision lot-size amendment
- Danielsville man charged with assaulting wife
- Man suffers broken thumb in wreck
- Former BOC chairman, current deputy coroner charged with DUI in county vehicle
- Hull man shows up at church threatening to ‘shoot people’
- Two charged in armed robbery
- Athens man sentenced to 18 years in jail
- BOE to focus on Ila facility in August
- RICHARDS: My perspective on Covid vaccines
- Covid numbers on the rise locally
- No facemasks required at MC schools
- County busy maintaining roads
- Hill wins state's top honor with Work-Based Learning Program
The Madison County Sheriff’s Office, along with the Comer Police Department, Winterville Police Department and the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office trained together July 13 and July 15 on acti…
After the Oklahoma City bombing, the death threats came by phone to Kenneth Zeran. He had done nothing to deserve hostility, but an online troll posted terrible, pro-bombing messages on AOL with Zeran’s name and phone number.
Dear Editor: A recent letter from Gary Harvin of Comer made some good points related to county planning. I don’t know Mr. Harvin, but I suspect he is a person with common sense and a good unde…
When I was a small child I remember my parents both accompanying me to the old Danielsville Elementary (now the county complex) and waiting in a line to get the oral polio vaccine and the smal…
I agree with Mr. Gary Harvin. Very good opinion, Mr. Harvin. It seems that the Northeast Georgia Regional Commission is just another layer of bureaucracy. Private companies would do a better j…
Dear Editor: I appreciate the zeal of letter writer Gary Harvin (7/22/21 edition) who wants to see well-written and executed comprehensive planning for Madison County.
Members of the Rotary Club of Madison County and volunteers constructed a 12-foot access ramp July 29 with a four-by-five-foot landing for Sharon Lyle on Paoli Road, the club’s 828th handicap ramp. Lyle is the assistant manager at the Dollar General store in Comer. Unfortunately, Lyle had a …
The Madison Area Resource Team (M.A.R.T.) “Back-to-School Supply Drive” is still being held.
As last term, this annual Madison Area Resource Team (M.A.R.T) back-to-school event will not include the in-person rally due to the covid pandemic. The school supplies will again be delivered …
•Gordon's Chapel United Methodist Church, Sanford Community, 6625 Nowhere Road, Hull, will have its homecoming on Aug. 8, at 10 a.m., with Rev. Bill Jackson speaking. The service will be followed by a covered dish meal at the Sanford Community Center. For more information, call the church at…