Latest Madison News
- WEATHER: Thunderstorm outflows: love 'em and hate 'em
- LETTER: A response about attending Trump’s deregulation ceremony
- MITCHAM: Being a parent is intense in this moment
- LETTER: Questions commissioners’ photo at deregulation event
- MCHS students excel on AP exams
- Hull man charged with child molestation
- Pilot Club of Madison County receives international awards
- LETTER: Not a victory yet
- MCHS football team practices shut down for two weeks
- Sheriff’s office transfers complaint against Strickland to GBI
- Higdon elected new Madison Co. BOC Chairman; Chandler over Gillespie; Leverett defeats Strickland
- County sees evictions after temporary halt
- County cases, hospital admissions double in a month
- Two arrested on drug charges
- LETTER: Piedmont addresses questions of hospital capacity and diversion
- 911 radio system replacement, new facility discussed
- School system announces personnel changes
- LETTER: Letter against Strickland was beyond silly
A 30-year-old Danielsville man was charged last week after he wrecked his motorcycle on Holman Autry Road at its intersection with Hwy. 29 South.
Northeast Georgia CASA is seeking volunteers to become trained Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASAs) for children. “Children in foster care that have a CASA are more likely to succeed in school, receive more services, and are less likely to return to foster care,” officials said. “CASAs …
Two employees of the Dollar General Store in Danielsville were arrested after they were reportedly caught stealing items from the store.
Two Madison County deputies pulled two teens from a burning Jeep after they crashed it head on into a tree inside Clarke County early Monday morning.
Four Madison County residents are among 68 people charged in a large-scale drug trafficking investigation dubbed “Operation Wu Block,” which yielded the seizure of kilos of methamphetamine and heroin.
A Colbert man was arrested last week on assault and other charges after he reportedly pointed a gun at people inside their own residence on Swamp Guinea Road.
A special needs adult male was reportedly sexually assaulted on Hardman Morris Road last week. The man’s mother reported the incident, and told the responding deputy that she was told a male in a gray Ford Mustang took her son into the woods and sodomized him.
A man was reportedly attacking kayakers on the Broad River at Roy Woods Road on May 9 and making threats about having a gun, saying he would get it and kill them.
A Colbert man was arrested last week after a woman went to the sheriff’s office to report that he had beaten, choked and slapped her the night before and that the man had refused to allow her to leave the home. She said she got away when she took him to the county courthouse for his court ap…
A Crawford man who pulled a knife on an Athens transit bus driver and a store clerk on February 19 in Madison County was recently sentenced to 20 years in jail in Madison County Superior Court.
Madison County paramedic Sean Crowe died unexpectedly at his residence Saturday evening. He was honored by the Madison County public safety community, who lined Hwy. 29 in tribute Monday evening as his remains were transported to the county.
A “statewide judicial emergency” has been extended by the Northern Judicial Circuit and all courts have been shut down through May 31.
An Ila couple was arrested last week after their child was reportedly found standing alone in the road in front of Ila Elementary School last week.
Northeast Georgia CASA is seeking volunteers to be trained to serve the courts of the Mountain and Northern Judicial Circuits as Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASAs) for children, according to a press release. To be an advocate you must be 21 years of age, a good communicator, able to o…
Fire Investigators with the Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner’s Office have determined two fires that occurred on April 11 and April 12 in Madison County were both intentionally set. The fires were set to the same home located at 1394 Winns Lake Road in Comer, Georgia.
Georgia’s leading state and federal prosecutors have announced a new Coronavirus (COVID-19) Fraud Task Force aimed at better protecting the citizens of Georgia from criminal fraud arising from the pandemic.
Warrants have been issued for a Comer woman after she allegedly beat up her boyfriend, stabbed him and threw his oxygen supplies out of the back of a pickup truck as he drove down the road on March 25.
Justin Jared Watson of Maysville was indicted March 11 in the Superior Court of Madison County on a slew of charges for an alleged Feb. 10 kidnapping.