A Hull woman was arrested last week after an officer responded to a call about a woman sitting in a cul de sac under the influence of drugs.
A Danielsville man was arrested last week on felony and family violence charges after officers were called to a domestic dispute between him and another man on Black’s Creek Church Road.
Latest Madison News
- GRP applies for wastewater permit
- Madison Co. Republicans to meet Jan. 21
- Schools return; numbers watch continues
- LETTER: Grateful for the care of our emergency services
- Madison Co. BOC to meet Jan. 25
- Red Raiders drop two; JV Raiders shine
- Red Raiders qualify for state duals with gritty region effort
- Unselfish Raiders clicking on offense
- Madison Co. Health Dept. to offer COVID-19 vaccinations
- Danielsville man arrested after domestic dispute
- New BOC chairman talks county issues in 2021 and beyond
- Did poultry price-fixing scheme force Madison Co. farmers out of business?
- MITCHAM: The age of disinformation and the Capitol siege
- RICHARDS: ‘American carnage’ comes full circle
- Masks required: In-person instruction scheduled to begin Jan. 19 with masks in class
- Man shot in leg on Kincaid Street
- Hull woman charged with pedestrian under the influence
- Surveys to be conducted for Madison Co. water project
A Royston man was arrested on multiple charges last week after a high-speed chase by a Comer police officer and a sheriff’s deputy.
There were numerous reports of vehicle break-ins in the southern part of the county last week, including several on Stone Creek Drive. Captain Jimmy Patton said Monday that all the incidents are believed to be related and are under investigation.
As the Northern Judicial Circuit initiates a return to jury trial proceedings, Chief Judge Jeffery S. Malcom emphasizes the critical role citizens play as jurors to ensure justice for all, while assuring them that extra precautions are being put into place to protect their health and safety.
A couple in a mobile home park on Stone Ridge Drive were arrested last week after officers were called multiple times to the home for domestic incidents.
Madison County High School was placed on a “soft lockdown” after a person reported a possible road rage incident on Madison Street near Hwy. 98, but the incident was determined not to be an actual occurrence.
A Winterville man was charged on multiple counts of family violence and obstruction last week following an incident on Spratlin Mill Road.
A Hull man was arrested for family violence and obstruction last week after Department and Family and Children Services (DFCS) employees on a video call with subjects at a Glenn Carrie Road residence reported that they could hear yelling in the background.
The Madison-Oglethorpe Animal Shelter (MOAS) has announced a quarantine on cat and kitten adoptions as well as intake of cats/kittens from the pubic for the time being due to an outbreak of a common feline upper respiratory infection among its population.
An Athens man was arrested last week on charges related to a shootout with a Georgia State Patrol officer back in January following an automobile chase that ended in a crash. Captain Jimmy Patton said the man had just been returned from prison on a prior case.
•Freedom Church of God and Food Bank of Northeast Georgia will provide a free food box to those in need Oct. 20, 4 to 5:30 p.m. at the church, located at 3428 Neese Commerce Road. The recipient must be present to receive a box, organizers said. Volunteers are welcome and should arrive at 1:3…
Arvil E. Hamons, 31, Danielsville, faces first-degree vehicular homicide and other charges after taking the life of Department of Natural Resources Captain Stan Elrod Sept. 3.
State investigators have ruled that a Madison County vehicle fire was intentionally set. The white 2017 Hyundai Genesis G80 was stolen from Athens before being found in the parking lot of a closed business in Hull. “At the request of the Madison County Sheriff’s Office, our investigators exa…
Two defendants arrested during “Operation End Game,” a multi-agency effort targeting and arresting adult perpetrators in the Athens-area seeking sex with children, were sentenced to prison this week for their crimes, said Charles “Charlie” Peeler, the United States Attorney for the Middle Di…
A 30-year-old Danielsville man was charged last week after he wrecked his motorcycle on Holman Autry Road at its intersection with Hwy. 29 South.