A Colbert man was arrested last week on assault and other charges after he reportedly pointed a gun at people inside their own residence on Swamp Guinea Road.
A special needs adult male was reportedly sexually assaulted on Hardman Morris Road last week. The man’s mother reported the incident, and told the responding deputy that she was told a male in a gray Ford Mustang took her son into the woods and sodomized him.
Latest Madison News
- National Salvage seeks EPD air permit for grinding crossties
- Coronavirus update: Bars, night clubs can reopen June 1
- DFCS provides services in pandemic as budget cuts loom
- Madison Co. students honored at Emmanuel College
- Clark receives degree from Georgia College
- Russum named to the President’s List at ABAC
- Jackson EMC appoints April Sorrow vice president of communication
- LETTER: Farmer aid program will help many, but is designed to help largest farmers most
- 52 residents now positive for coronavirus at Comer’s nursing home
- Madison Co. fire ruled arson
- 56 residents, nine staff members now positive for coronavirus at Comer’s nursing home
- 54 residents now positive at Comer nursing home; five more hospitalized
- Hull man arrested after holding victim at gunpoint in store parking lot
- School leaders seek input on 2020-2021 school year
- Citizens groups ask Senate to pass ban on burning crossties
- Athens man drowns in Seagraves Lake
- Royston man charged with attacking Broad River kayakers
- Evictions could rise in county when court reopens
A man was reportedly attacking kayakers on the Broad River at Roy Woods Road on May 9 and making threats about having a gun, saying he would get it and kill them.
A Colbert man was arrested last week after a woman went to the sheriff’s office to report that he had beaten, choked and slapped her the night before and that the man had refused to allow her to leave the home. She said she got away when she took him to the county courthouse for his court ap…
A Crawford man who pulled a knife on an Athens transit bus driver and a store clerk on February 19 in Madison County was recently sentenced to 20 years in jail in Madison County Superior Court.
Madison County paramedic Sean Crowe died unexpectedly at his residence Saturday evening. He was honored by the Madison County public safety community, who lined Hwy. 29 in tribute Monday evening as his remains were transported to the county.
A “statewide judicial emergency” has been extended by the Northern Judicial Circuit and all courts have been shut down through May 31.
An Ila couple was arrested last week after their child was reportedly found standing alone in the road in front of Ila Elementary School last week.
Northeast Georgia CASA is seeking volunteers to be trained to serve the courts of the Mountain and Northern Judicial Circuits as Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASAs) for children, according to a press release. To be an advocate you must be 21 years of age, a good communicator, able to o…
Fire Investigators with the Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner’s Office have determined two fires that occurred on April 11 and April 12 in Madison County were both intentionally set. The fires were set to the same home located at 1394 Winns Lake Road in Comer, Georgia.
Georgia’s leading state and federal prosecutors have announced a new Coronavirus (COVID-19) Fraud Task Force aimed at better protecting the citizens of Georgia from criminal fraud arising from the pandemic.
Warrants have been issued for a Comer woman after she allegedly beat up her boyfriend, stabbed him and threw his oxygen supplies out of the back of a pickup truck as he drove down the road on March 25.
Justin Jared Watson of Maysville was indicted March 11 in the Superior Court of Madison County on a slew of charges for an alleged Feb. 10 kidnapping.
Seven people were arrested on Fowler Freeman Road north of Danielsville over the course of two days last week after an initial report was received of a sex offender living at the home in violation of his registered address in Hull.
A Danielsville man was sentenced to jail time on aggravated assault, stalking and related charges in Madison County Superior Court recently.
An alleged drug dealer known as “Fast Eddie” was arrested last week at the Madison/Clarke County line after his vehicle was spotted by a Madison County deputy on patrol.
Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) training begins Feb 3. This 40-hour training prepares candidates to serve as dedicated advocates for children in foster care. Training topics include mental health, resilience and Juvenile Court practices. Children with a CASA are more likely to succe…
The 16th-annual Madison County Emergency Services Toy Ride was held Saturday, Nov. 9, raising over $6,800 to help bring joy to needy Madison County kids this Christmas.