COMER - Betty Coile Hix, 88, Comer, passed away on Saturday, August 3, 2019, at her home.
Linda Jane Watson, 69, went to the Lord peacefully in her home on July 31, 2019 in Colbert. After a brave battle with colon cancer, her final days were spent surrounded by family and friends.
- Planning board gives 3 approvals
- ‘Cultural Connections’ performing arts series starts Oct. 29
- New family medicine practice to open at NGMC Barrow
- No decision yet in Kolter suit against Hoschton
- Seven more students test positive for COVID-19; fewer across school district impacted over past week
- Pendergrass panel recommends annexation
- SOFTBALL: Tigers Elite-Eight bound after sweep of Trion
- FOOTBALL: Bulldoggs hold off Shiloh, give Dudley 200th career win
- FOOTBALL: Eagles welcome off week after 42-13 loss to Monroe Area
- VOLLEYBALL: WBHS coach pleased with team’s progress, optimistic about future
- SOFTBALL PLAYOFFS: Woody’s walk-off homer lifts Wildcats to second-round sweep of Calhoun
- PREP FOOTBALL ROUND-UP: Tigers run past Towns, Dragons and Panthers earn shutouts, shorthanded Eagles lose
- Train vs. truck closes one lane in Pendergrass
- I-85 widening to begin next year
- Hoschton, Kolter tensions continue
- BUFFINGTON: On SK, WWTD?
- COVID deaths hit 40; cases rise in Jackson
- Carter Smisson
- Lanier Islands replaces Magical Night of Lights with new walking light show
- Man charged after peeing on vehicle in parking lot
- Sheriff’s office, police departments report recent arrests around county
- Commerce council given SK update
My sister, Mary Lester, passed away, after a sudden illness on July 19, 2019, while on vacation. Mary's wishes were to be cremated and to have her ashes scattered in Gulf Shores, Ala. Our Lord and Savior must have known her wishes., she was in Gulf Shores, Ala., when she became ill.