Head coach: David Seawright
There was no Cinderella championship run through the GHSA Region 8-AAAAAA tournament this year for the Apalachee boys’ basketball team.
MACON — The Bethlehem Christian Academy boys’ basketball team knew it would have to play practically mistake-free to have a shot at knocking off defending state champion The Heritage School of Newnan on Saturday, Feb. 22, in the GISA Class AAA quarterfinals at Tattnall Square Academy.
The Bethlehem Christian Academy girls’ basketball team nearly pulled off a surprising upset in the first round of the GISA Class AAA playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 18, but couldn’t hold onto a late…
The Bethlehem Christian Academy baseball team has its eyes on a new season with a new coach.
Former Banks County High School student and lifelong Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan, Kacey Reynolds, who was granted his Make-A-Wish experience of announcing the Bucs' first-round selection during last year's NFL Draft, died Sunday (Feb. 23) after a three-year battle with Hodgkin's lymphoma. He was 20.
For the first time since 1995, the Banks County boys' basketball team finds itself in the Elite Eight of the state playoffs.
The Banks County baseball team's young season continued to see great signs ahead of region play with two stellar games on Saturday (Feb. 22).
Latest Sports News
- Red Raiders not hanging their head after tournament defeat
- Running Raiders sweep tri-meet at home track
- BASEBALL: Tough defensive night for Eagles leads to loss at Cherokee Bluff
- Madison County girls take two-game winning streak into Social Circle
- Madison County baseball plays away from home
- Madison County grinds out a victory over East Jackson
- BASEBALL: Commerce sweeps East Jackson, Bowdon at Day at the Diamond
- Commerce boys' golf preview
- State Basketball: Banks Co. survives Butler's 4th-quarter rally to advance to the Elite Eight
- BOYS' SOCCER: Hudson scores three goals as Dragons down Hart Co.
- GIRLS’ SOCCER: Dragons blast Hart Co. 10-0 in region opener
- BOYS’ BASKETBALL: Dragons hold on against Pierce Co., headed to first Elite Eight since 2014
- TRACK AND FIELD: Jefferson dominates competition in only home meet of season
- GIRLS’ BASKETBALL: Coach praises team effort in Dragons’ second-round rout of Pierce Co.
- BASKETBALL: Banks Co. prepares for Elite Eight showdown with Chattooga
- BASEBALL: Leopards trounce Alcovy, down Clarke Central at Diamond Day
- BOYS' BASKETBALL: Dragons set for quarterfinals clash against up-tempo Monroe-Albany
- BASEBALL: Commerce edges East Jackson in crosstown matchup
The Jackson County girls’ soccer team is off to a 3-0-1 start and could really begin to get on a roll now with its lineup coming into form.
The Jackson County boys’ soccer team is off to a 3-2 start with its offense producing at a more efficient rate.
The Jefferson boys’ basketball team likes to push the tempo, but so does its state quarterfinals opponent – a lot.
Jefferson and Greater Atlanta Christian will meet again in the state tournament with the stakes a little bit higher this time around.
Madison County’s stint in the state tournament lasted longer than usual, but the Red Raiders fell in the second round to No. 1 seed Woodward Academy.
DANIELSVILLE - The Madison County girls’ soccer team has been on a roll as of late, most recently defeating Cedar Shoals at home.
Coach: Lee Smoak
Jordan Najafi has been a familiar face for the Winder-Barrow High School fast-pitch softball program.
Both the Jefferson boys’ and girls’ middle school teams wrapped up dominating seasons in dominating fashion.