Apalachee High School senior volleyball player Logan Butchart signed on Jan. 14 to play at Truett McConnell University next fall. Butchart, a middle and right side hitter, had 109 kills, 45 aces and 38 blocks last fall in helping lead the Wildcats to a 44-8 record and a second straight regio…
Winder-Barrow boys’ basketball coach Travis McDaniel has praised his team’s senior leadership and ability to handle adversity throughout the year — big reasons, he says, that the Bulldoggs hav…
The coaches of the Bethlehem Christian Academy basketball teams packed their non-region schedules this season with a slate of GHSA opponents, and that preparation against tougher competition s…
The Bethlehem Christian Academy boys' basketball team went to Commerce High School looking to get closer to .500 on the season.
After falling at Elbert County Jan. 24, the Banks County girls returned home Saturday (Jan. 25) and made sure nothing but a win was in the works.
Latest Sports News
- BOYS’ BASKETBALL: Dragons thump second-ranked Hart Co.
- GIRLS’ BASKETBALL: Jefferson runs past Hart Co., 75-37
- GIRLS’ BASKETBALL: Panthers rebound with rivalry-game win
- BOYS’ BASKETBALL: Eagles build momentum toward postseason with rivalry win
- Red Raiders blow late lead, fall to North Oconee in double-OT
- WRESTLING: Tigers eye area title after break since duals defeat
- BASKETBALL: Commerce boys, girls fall short at Athens Academy
- SOCCER: Commerce girls look to keep building in year two of varsity play
- Longtime Jefferson coach finds new home at rival school
- McPherson, Lady Raiders beat North Oconee at the free throw line
- BOYS’ BASKETBALL: Parker comes off bench to pace Dragons to victory
- GIRLS’ BASKETBALL: Big first half from Blackstock lifts Dragons to win over Eagles
- BASKETBALL: Clinton scores 40 points in Panthers' win over Morgan County
- BRIDGES: The return of Bobby Petrino
- GIRLS’ BASKETBALL: Free throw line looms large in Panthers’ loss to Franklin Co.
- SMITH: Mecole Hardman playing for a Super Bowl
- Lady Raiders drizzle in the first quarter, downpour in final three to beat Oconee Co.
- Red Raiders outlast Oconee Co., one step closer to locking spot in state playoffs
The Commerce boys' basketball team looked poise to snap a six-game losing streak when it visited Athens Academy Friday (Jan. 24).
The Commerce High School soccer program enters its second year at the varsity level, and with a new season brings a new coach for the girls.
East Jackson boys' basketball coach Jarvis Smith called this week “judgment week.” If that’s the case, the verdict is looking good so far for the Eagles.
East Jackson's Antonia Pittman scored 26 points, but Hart County still managed a 75-52 victory Tuesday (Jan. 21) in Hartwell.
The East Jackson boys' basketball team saw a four-game winning streak in region play end Tuesday (Jan. 21) with a 62-47 loss at No. 2-ranked Hart County (20-1, 9-1 Region 8-AAA).
Outscoring Morgan County by himself, Jackson County's Kalib Clinton went for 40 points Friday (Jan. 24) in the Panthers' 55-35 home win over the Bulldogs.
CARNESVILLE — Jackson County’s Kalib Clinton enjoyed another big night, but the Panthers struggled to find other offensive outlets.
Led by Jacob Radaker’s 22 points, the Jefferson boys’ basketball team picked up its biggest win of the year, routing No. 2-ranked Hart County 66-48 Tuesday (Jan. 28) at home.
The No. 2-ranked Jefferson girls’ basketball team continued its season-long dominance of Region 8-AAA with a 75-37 win over visiting Hart County Tuesday (Jan. 28).
Jefferson boys’ basketball coach Kevin Morris may have to petition Region 8-AAA to add a Sixth Man Award. Morris feels like he has the prime candidate.
BOGART – The Madison County boys’ basketball team clung to a five-point lead in the closing seconds of Friday night’s game at North Oconee, but the Red Raiders were unable to hang on.
Photos from last week's basketball games at Oconee County and North Oconee. The Madison County girls defeated the Warriors and the Titans. The boys beat Oconee Co. but lost to North Oconee in …
BOGART – North Oconee’s gymnasium is typically a tough venue for the Madison County Red Raiders to shoot at. But once Kayla McPherson’s shots started dropping, the Titans could do little to st…
Winder-Barrow boys’ basketball coach Travis McDaniel has praised his team’s senior leadership and ability to handle adversity throughout the year — big reasons, he says, that the Bulldoggs have been able to avoid any losing streaks longer than two games.
Jackson County’s youth wrestling club produced four placers and four All-Americans at the recent Dixie Nationals in Atlanta. Levi Kaufman won the 6U, 40-pound class, and Donavon Spry won the 10U, 60-pound class. Cael Powers placed third in the 10U, 50-pound class and Kaufman (who competed in…
Professional wrestlers won’t just tangle with one another when they come to Braselton Saturday for a night of bouts. They’ll mix it up with locals, too.